BUY - SELL - TRADE
Deposit policy — If you have made a deposit, you have 5 business days to pay the balance owed on your livestock, and you are also charged private care board from the day the deposit as made. If you fail to pay the balance owed within 5 days you forfeit your deposit and the livestock will be relisted for sale.
All Livestock is sold as is with no guarantee. We evaluate all livestock as a courtesy to our customers, and all evaluations are subject to human error. nothing said, written, or implied is any form of a guarantee or warranty. All horses, mules, and donkeys are sold as is, with no guarantee of health or soundness. All Sales are final, no return or exchanges. ALL DEPSOITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
Buyers are responsible for pick up. If you need help arranging transportation please contact Gary 318-335-8293 *But, JT Livestock LLC / KillPenHorses.com doesn't offer transport you MUST pick up your livestock "in store". All transport is done 3rd party.
All horses, mules, and donkeys are sold as is, with no guarantee of health or soundness. All Sales are final, no return or exchanges. ALL DEPSOITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE. Some of the horses we sale have been through public auction, and have been exposed to other animals. All buyers should determine for themselves if they will need to quarantine their livestock. We will provide a current negative coggins test for any horse, donkey, or mule sold. Having a health certificate or a vet check is the buyers responsibility and is required before crossing state lines. All cattle are sold as is.
Welcome, We Buy, Sell, and Trade Livestock.
We offer horses, both Privately Owned and Owned by JT CATTLE LLC. We buy cattle and horses at public auction. We offer all of the breeding sound cattle, roping cattle, and viable horses back to the public before their next option, which is being sold for profit to slaughter. We are NOT a rescue. We are a feedlot for livestock that have been sold at public auction. All Livestock, including Horses and Cattle are SOLD AS IS, with no guarantee. We do not offer refunds under any circumstance. However, if you are unsatisfied with a purchase please contact us directly for trade back options. We also have the right to refuse a trade back.
We buy roughly 150-200 horses per week, and several hundred head of cattle! We buy Ranch Geldings, Registered Broodmares, Race Horses, Performance Prospects, and we also buy loose horses that are sold by the pound. To best explain to the public what we do. We attend dozens of auctions a month in hopes that we can purchase some quality livestock to resell for a profit. Some are Quality TRADERS, some are just quality "feeders", others are just purchased for immediate slaughter. Please understand that NOT everything we buy has monetary value over slaughter. The horses that do have monetary value over slaughter we've chosen to evaluate in hopes that we can reconnect them back to the public so they have a future in a good home, and our reward for our efforts and our time is a PROFIT over slaughter price. I would like to believe in reciprocity, and it's my good karma to offer the horses an opportunity to be seen before slaughter. If I am going to make my living off of these HORSES, the least I can do is give them every opportunity and do my best by them. I CAN NOT re-home them all, but the ones I can we will do our best for. We no longer "mass" quantities, we simply offer better quality.
With the above being said please understand some of these horses were bought with NO intention for Slaughter purposes. These include traders, race horses, performance horses, and good quality ranch horses. As a business, our purpose is to BUY LIVESTOCK TO RESELL FOR A PROFIT. For us, this is a business, so the horses that are evaluated are offered at a price we feel is fair, yet still below "retail" value. We do this so you getting the best deal possible, and we are still making a profit, but you could still resell them in the future (if needed) as a privately owned horse, for your own profit.
We genuinely appreciate ALL of our customers, both Private Buyers and Rescues. And we absolutely LOVE getting updates, especially of the horses who had any reprieve paid by a third party.
Please join our social media network and stay in touch, and PLEASE make sure to post your updates and success stories.
If you want to keep in touch and know when our site is updated text HORSEHERO to 41411 we send out a blast text when we go live, and when we update our website!
You are soley responsible for your transport and we appreciate you having your horse picked up in a timely manner.
If you need transport call Gary, he can find someone to haul your horse for .75-.85 a loaded mile from Pitkin to your home town. You will contact Gary to get on his transport list.
If you plan to pick your horse up, or have hired your own transport you have to schedule a time with Gary.
Gary - (318)335-8293
- BUYERS GUIDE -
- In order to purchase, you must pay an invoice and accept our terms and conditions. No horse will be considered sold unless an invoice is sent, and paid in FULL.
- All horses are sold by Tara Sanders, Jacob Thompson, privately or on behalf of Jacob Thompson Cattle LLC / JT LIVESTOCK LLC are considered as is, with no guarantee. Nothing ANYONE HAS said, implied, or written is any form of a guarantee. We do the evaluations as a courtesy to the horses and our customers. But, they are subject to human error.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. We do not offer refunds or exchanges, even in cases of death or injury. No cash, Stripe, Venmo, or Paypal payment will be refunded for any reason! You will be charged with theft of livestock if any livestock has left our property and you do a chargeback, or dispute. They are AS IS, and you own it as soon as it's paid for. ALL DESPOITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- We have the right to refuse business to any person(S).
- We retain the right to refund any monies paid for livestock before it has left our property. If we feel you're irrational or become hard to deal with your payment will be refunded with the exception of a $250 convenience fee to re-advertise the horse.
Every horse listed is in PITKIN LA, zip code 70656 , unless stated otherwise.
- All horses are subject to need quarantining unless otherwise stated. All horses who pass through a sale barn are exposed to sickness. We highly recommend a minimum of 15 days of quarantine. But, 30 days is likely best. You can do this at your facility, or we do have an option available here before transport.
If you see an End Date:
- If the horse's end date is within 24 hours, this horse is now eligible for a reprieve. If you'd like to gift 10% of this horse's original price this will give this horse 5 more days, and lower the price. Horses are eligible for two reprieves, which will total 10 days.
For Questions CALL or TEXT
TARA (318) 335-8720
To Purchase TEXT or CALL
Need to know Numbers - cheat sheet
- Quarantine 318-335-8720 (Tara)
- Transport / pick up 318-335-8293 (Gary)
- Purchase 318-481-8588 (Jacob)
----- DETAILED BUYERS GUIDE -------
-SOLD AS IS WITH NO GUARANTEE-
-no exchanges and no refunds
-buyer is responsible for pick up, or transport
-we recommend quarantine.
-we recommend all horses purchased, be further evaluated by a trainer before any beginner or intermediate rider rides them.
-no one is permitted on the property unless they have a scheduled pick up or showing.
-We recommend picking your horse up in a timely manner (48 hours) of purchase, if you hire a hauler please make sure they have photos to identify your horse, if the wrong horse is loaded, you're responsible for returning that horse before your horse can be picked up. If you take the wrong horse and it dies or you can not return it for any reason, you're responsible for the purchase price of that horse as well as the board on the horse we still have.
-Registry/Registration Papers .... We do NOT guarantee that any papers presented to match the horse at hand. Unfortunately, we receive horses from the auction who do not match the paperwork provided by the seller at auction which is why ALL VET WORK is required to be redone before they leave the lot with a MICROCHIP. When a horse comes to us with papers, we will advertise the horse with the papers it came with, but because of the lack of knowledge regarding the horses' past, we can not guarantee anything regarding its papers, from transfer to a positive ID. So, please look at the horse's photos and papers over carefully yourself. IF YOU DO NOT PICK PAPERS UP WITH THE HORSE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THEM AS WE DISPOSE OF ALL PAPERS AT THE END OF EVERY MONTH ON HORSES WE HAVE ASSUMED SHIPPED...
We highly recommend you do DNA to verify identity with AQHA, prior to breeding a mare, based on the pedigree provided.
Mares - Any bred mare was likely bred prior to coming to our establishment, possibly even at the sale barn she came from. We will NOT be able to provide any paperwork to register any foal. Also, never assume any mare from our establishment is "OPEN", as we have no idea if they were exposed to a stallion even just for the night at the sale barn they came from.
PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE
- sharing the horses is how they find their homes! YOUR SHARE maybe the one that saves their life!
- Please visit the website for an organized list of horses available.
- While you're on the website make sure you visit the home page, and add yourself to our e-mail list.
Staying connected is important to us!
- So, make sure you subscribe to our email updates at the bottom of this page.
- Join our closed groups on Facebook at La Patrona Equine Kill Pen & Auction Horses (Click to be directly linked to Join)
You can ALSO Follow our VIDEOS on Youtube a tLa Patrona Equine
-- Please read the following before purchasing
Once purchased, you have 48 hours to pick your livestock up. After 48 hours you will be charged $15.00 a day storage/board. We will bill for storage upon pick up, or transport and no livestock will be released until storage is paid in full. If you chose to place them in private care it is $25 a day, but we do have weekly, and monthly discounts.
-When purchasing NO E-CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
-First person to request an invoice has first option, if a second person is interested and the invoice is not paid within 2 hours we move on to the second buyer.
- Payments / Holds - No horses will be held for you without a minimum of half down. This is ABSOLUTELY non refundable, and balance due within 5 days (and no refund of the original half down if you can't finish paying). You will also be billed $15.00 day storage/board from the point the first half was paid until pick up.
TRANSPORT - AS THE BUYER you are responsible for transpiration, you can either pick your horse up or there is Nationwide PRIVATE transport available starting at .75 per mile. Please get with Gary to get an exact quote to you location.
- If you're picking up your own horse, this is available 7 days a week. However, you must give Gary a minimum of 24 hour notice and arrange this with him. No one will be allowed on premises without scheduled pick up. Trespassers regardless of reasoning who don't have a scheduled pick up will be ARRESTED.
- OTHER INFO -
INFORMATION Provided about these horses is done so as a courtesy, however, nothing written or spoken is in any way a guarantee. We want our buyers to understand that often times we're not told the whole truth, by the sellers we purchased from so we do videos (oftentimes LIVE) so you can make an assessment for yourself of the horses ability and temperament. These things are subjective and we want you to be able to assess these horses for yourself. Our evaluations are merely our opinions, and again previous information given to the Lot regarding breed, history, or training may or may not be factual.
These horses are sold as livestock, with a buyer beware label. The condition of livestock is subject to change, pending stress, sickness, and weather conditions. We are not responsible for weight loss, death, or injury. Sickness can include but is NOT limited to strangles, a cough, sale barn lice (species-specific), girth itch, rain rott, thrush, shipping fever, etc. Treatment and any vet work required is subject to buyers expense.
Once any livestock has been, purchased you will be charged $15.00 a day storage fees (starting July 1st 2017). We will bill for storage upon pick up, or transport and no livestock will be released until storage charge is paid in full.
All LIVESTOCK including horses, mules, donkeys, cattle, listed are sold "as is", no guarantees, no returns, and no refunds. Buyer is assuming all risk associated with buying livestock, and must understand you're doing so with little to no known factual history. As we can not guarantee the information we've been given as truth.
Often times livestock that go through a public auction are susceptible to stress related issues, which can compromise the immune system. Stress also causes gastric ulcers which leads to lethargy and loss of appetite, this can lead to sickness and weight loss (in some cases extreme weight loss). Horses are also subject to develop shipping fever after they leave due to the compromised immune system. Again, all sale barn livestock have possibly been exposed to lice, strangles, and other sickness / virus.
Please understand that you're assuming all risk associated with buying livestock, and that we do not offer any guarantees or refunds, as we didn't have a guarantee of any kind when we purchased and we assumed all the risk associated with buying. We expect you to assuming the same risk associated with buying livestock that we did, and by purchasing you understand that these horses are subject to weight loss, stress, sickness, and very well could take time to turn back around. We do not suggest you purchase if you're unaware of the risk or not willing to assume the risk associated with livestock that's been sold at public auction and then brought to a livestock feed lot. We are not to be treated as a boarding facility, but as a livestock feed Lot, and we appreciate your understanding.